Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Thoughts on opening a baby store

So, I've been toying with the idea of opening a baby store for sometime. It is something that I ridiculously passionate about. Shopping for new gear and helping my friends make the best purchases for their needs is something I truly enjoy.

In my past retail experience dealing with growing families has always been exciting. One thing my customers quickly learned about me is that I am a firmer believer in sharing my experiences as a mother with various products that have worked well for my family, as well as those that have not worked so well. I think all too often in retail merchants tend to be afraid to tell the truth about products. If something doesn't do what it should or it won't suit the customer's needs then, move on. A good relationship is based is trust and honesty. Two things that should never be compromised when dealing the most important decisions, those relating to our children.

When I go into a store I don't need someone to tell me my kids are the cutest children they have ever seen to get me to buy from them, and honestly it doesn't influence my desire to form a relationship either. I want someone who will talk to about the their products, show me how they will go above and beyond to service the customer, demostrate products and have a thorough understanding of the competition. These are the benchmarks I have set for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment